I know it's been a spell since my last blog post back in September 2018.
I can't express how awful I am at blogging and keeping everyone in the loop.
Here's a very brief update on old news anyway.
- I had an awful tumble down the stairs late November, I sprained my torso, was off work for a month.
- During that time of being bed ridden, uncomfortable and frustrated with life, I managed to complete draft 2 of Origin.
- I returned to work in January and officially stepped into my new senior role.
- A couple days ago I had a collision with a school kid in my car, he had ran out into the road without looking, I couldn't brake in time and hit him. Even though he's alright and only got away with a graze and sore leg (nothing broken thank god), the shock was monumental.
I don't handle stress very well. In fact, I suffer from severe anxiety and have had panic attacks in the past. This very well triggered me and it's still very much on my mind.
I've had to give my apologies to the amazing Writing Community on Twitter who have always been so supportive and amazing to socialise with.
My doctor has given me a few days off work to try and recuperate. My manager is really supportive. I hate being off my game, I won't lie. I know I'm not myself. I've been overworking myself, been staying late after work, been taking on way too much and I think I've run myself to the ground now.
A low me is not a fun me. But I'm thankful I have people around me who understand.
My plan had been to start draft 3 this weekend however I still find myself not quite there yet. Instead I thought it might be a good time to update my site and all of you who care to read my blog. That still counts as something writer-related, right?
I thought it might be optimistic to post a list of things I'm really looking forward to the next few months (a kind of non-new year's resolution - because I hate them):
- Avengers Endgame
- Kobra Kai (Season 2)
- Game of Thrones (Final season)
- The Umbrella Academy (Season 2)
- Spiderman: Far From Home
(Yes, I'm aware that so far this list is made up of movies and TV shows)
- Completing darft 3 of Origin
- Finally republishing Origin
- Playing Skull & Bones
- Starting a new writing project
Currently I'm on a binge watch of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Which I'm sure I'll be completing in no time. But that's me.
Until next time, by then I should be back to my usual self.
Just another way to keep you in the loop!